Return to Manage Infrastructure
can reveal unreliable hardware, service requirements, or training requirements.
Use the following steps to manually add new categories to ServicePRO.
- From the ServicePRO Objects tab, click on the Manage Categories option.
- Click on the New icon. The New Category window appears.
- In the New field, enter the name of the category.
- Select the category type. Category types can be created via custom fields.
- Click the Save icon in the Toolbar to save the category.
Users with Administrator privileges can add, update, or de-activate a category as needed.
From the ServicePRO Objects tab, click on the Manage Categories option. The Find a
Category window appears as shown below:
The window has two category groupings:
- Active Category Structure—Appears on the left side (currently used to classify requests).
- Available Categories—Appears on the right side (currently unused).
To add a category to the Active Category Structure list:
- Select a category from the Available Categories list.
- Drag and drop it to Active Category Structure
The category will now be added to the Active Category Structure list.
To place a category under a Service Center OU and/or create a sub-category, you can drag and drop the item to an existing active category or OU.
The added item automatically creates a new sub-category.
- Select the Item you want to remove from the Active Category Structure list.
- Drag and drop it to the Available Categories list.
- Right click the mouse over a category to display a task menu such as new, update, de-activate.
- Update: Update a Category. Opens the Edit Category window, similar to the New Category window.
- Print: Print out the category details
- Output to Text File: Open the category details as a text file.
- Category: The name of the selected category
- Service Request Summary: A summary list of all requested logged under this category and their status
- Related Best Solution Titles: A list of all the Best Solutions related to this category. For more information please see the Knowledge Management Tab.