- 1. System Options
- 2. Navigation
- 2.1 General Tab
- 2.1.1 Default User Interface
- 2.1.2 Default Culture for ServicePRO
- 2.1.3 Service Request Options
- 2.1.4 Service Request Activity Stream settings
- 2.1.5 Timesheet
- 2.1.6 Updates via Email
- 2.1.7 Reports
- 2.1.8 Floating License User Sessions Maintenance
- 2.1.9 Communication from HDT
- 2.1.10 Set ServicePRO Administrator to Receive Notifications
- 2.1.11 Allow 'My Default Service Folder' to be set by Support Reps
- 2.1.12 When a Parent Request is closed with a memo update, populate the memo to all Child requests
- 2.1.13 Charts Preview
- 2.1.14 Urgency
- 2.2 System Defaults Tab
- 2.3 Calendar Synchronization
- 2.4 Attachments
- 2.5 Generic Types Tab
- 2.6 Service Level Agreement
- 2.7 Purchase Order Options
- 2.8 Refresh Timer Settings
- 2.9 Discovery Settings
- 2.10 Approval Ratings/Survey
- 2.1 General Tab
- Navigate to the backstage menu by clicking on the ServicePRO icon.
- From the Setup tab, click on System Options as highlighted below.
- The Default User Interface selection will be available to Clients updating from ServicePRO versions prior to 14.2.7.
- If the Interactive Tile layout is selected, "Create New" options will be absent from Service Request views. This is because New Requests can be created from the Top Bar Menu in all views
Select between the following options for Home Page displays:
- Workbench - The previous ServicePRO Workbench Home Page featuring featuring selectable tiles for different functions. The tiles that appear in the workbench cannot be customized.
- Interactive - The new Home Page layout featuring Interactive Tiles that can be customized for all users, per team, and per user.
Users will need to log in and out of ServicePRO for user interface changes to take effect.
Require Asset(s) option controls whether it is mandatory for an asset to be specified when a user is creating or updating a service request. There are 3 options available:
- Required - This will prompt the user to populate the asset field when saving the request and will be applied to both new and existing requests, which do not have an asset selected.
- Optional (default option) - This will allow saving the request without populating the asset field.
- Hidden - The asset field will not be shown on the request form.
Saving existing request that is past due option controls whether that request can be saved without updating the Due By date when a user is updating a service request that has a 'Due By' date in the past. There are 3 options available:
- Do not allow to save request (default option) - User is not allowed to save the service request when the 'Due By' field had been set with a past date. User would have to change it to a future date to save their changes.
- Allow to save request - User is allowed to update and save the service request even though the ‘Due by’ field has been set with a past date. There will be no message or prompt or notification for the user.
- Prompt - User will be prompted while updating and saving the service request when the ‘Due by’ field has been set with a past date. If the user clicks on “Yes” to continue saving the request, then the request will be updated successfully and saved. If the user clicks on “No” to not save the request, then the request will not be updated and the user will remain on the same page.
- When both these checkboxes are unchecked, all the support reps in the system will be able to see the Starwatch and Business Rule activities in the activity stream based on their selection in the ‘Memo By’ and ‘Activity Type’ filters in the request.
- When either of these checkboxes are checked, then the Support Reps will not be seeing the respective activities in the activity stream of the request.
- Allow to view other reps timesheet (the default option) which allows you to view all Support Rep's timesheet
- Only ServicePRO Administrator can view other reps timesheet - this will remove the Support Rep tree in the Timesheet view in both ServicePRO and ServicePRO Web so no other users are selectable
Following options can be enabled:
- Allow Support Reps to Send Message to Floating License Users
- Allow Support Reps to Log off Floating License users with Time-Out
The time interval setting is used to enable the idle floating user sign-out feature. A value of '0' will disable the feature. Values five minutes or greater will enable the feature and specify the idle time limit before the floating user is signed out of the application automatically.
- When updates to ServicePRO are available
- Upcoming events
- Apply licenses
- Conduct installation validation
- Send license expiry notification
- Send license update failure notification
- Users are required to set this option only if the Database Server and Rule Service/Starwatch Service Servers are on different machines.
- Do not allow to edit - this is the default behavior, which restricts support reps from modifying the Urgency set by the requester (i.e. field is disabled for editing).
- Allow to edit - allows support reps to update the Urgency field for the existing service requests that they have access to, even after the request is moved out of dispatch.
Default Dispatch Folder - On this tab, you can select default dispatch folder for requests to be placed in unless otherwise specified.
Default Auto-complete Mode Selection - lets you select how TO/CC user name search selection is performed on related modules. The options can be globally controlled in System Options as well on a user level from User Options. The two possible options are:
- Filter and Auto Select - cause the matching user name to be pre-populated and selected automatically. On most views, the user can hit enter to select the user name, while in others it will auto select the user name shortly.
- Filter Only - will show a list of matching users but make no selection and allow user to manually select a user name by scrolling through the list.
Memo/Attachment Population Schedule for ServicePRO's Search Engine - You can set the Memo/Attachment Population Schedules. This will determine how often the list of searchable memos/attachments will be updated with actual memos/attachments. This helps to minimize search times for the ServicePRO Search box.
The Calendar Synchronization tab contains 2 work areas:
- Microsoft Exchange Account for Calendar Synchronization
- Specify the service account that has access rights to all the support rep’s calendars that should be synchronized with ServicePRO.
- Synchronize ServicePRO Calendar with Outlook Calendar
- Specify if your support reps have the ability to synch with their Outlook calendar. Once enabled, you can set the interval of how often that synchronization should occur. The support reps can enable Outlook Calendar Synchronization from User Options, Calendar Tab.
The Maximum Email size can also be specified here.
Use the work areas in the SLA tab to define Service Level Agreement response and resolution times for your organization.
The Service Level Agreement sub-node is shown below.
The two SLA metrics available in ServicePRO show service request response and resolution times by priority. In the Service Level Agreement work area, enter the appropriate SLA response and resolution settings for each priority level.
Priority is defined as follows for each chart:
- Response Chart – Priority refers to the current priority of both active and closed requests.
- Resolution Chart – Priority refers to the current priority of closed requests.
The SLA settings are used by ServicePRO’s Dashboard charts (launched from the Analytics Menu – Dashboard option), as well as the SLA Performance (Average Time to Respond/Resolve) and SLA Risk charts (SLA Response/Resolution Status) which are launched from the Analytics Menu – Charts option.
These SLA charts will indicate how effectively your Service Desk is meeting its goals.
Use the Purchase Order Options tab to automatically populate a purchase order with default information.
- Enter your company’s shipping address and billing address here. You can also enter information for Ship Via, and Terms and Conditions.
- The text in these fields can be changed on the actual purchase order.
Under “Network Settings”, set the maximum amount of hops and/or network response time before a ServicePRO is considered “Offsite”
- Default Dispatch Folder to create Discovery Service Requests – Drop down to select the default folder location to use while creating Discovery Service Requests. The default selection for this field will be the System Default Dispatch folder.
- Checkbox options allows users to specify for which type of device(s) a Discovery Service Request is to be created during discovery.
- Both tabs will load the default timeliness and quality ratings available in the system.
- Users will be allowed to perform the following actions under both ‘Timeliness’ and ‘Quality’ tabs:
- Edit labels for Timeliness / Quality
- Edit Rating Text (Text Fields) for existing ratings
- Add new ratings to the bottom of the list (highest ranking order)
- Users can add up to a maximum of 10 Quality Ratings (including inactive ratings)
- Users can add up to a maximum of 10 Timeliness Ratings (including inactive ratings)
- Remove ratings from the listing
- If no Service Requests currently use the selected rating, “Remove” will be allowed, and will delete the rating without issue.
- If the rating is currently in use in any Service Requests, users will be prevented from removing the rating.
- Deactivate – Allows users to disable the Rating, setting it as “Inactive”. Inactive ratings differ from “Removed” ratings, as requests given this rating will continue to show the correct rating in Reports and Properties view.
- Reactivate – Only available for “Inactive” Rating labels. Users will not be able to edit Inactive Rating labels, or select them for use in Request Surveys.
Any customizations made to the ‘Quality’ or ‘Timeliness’ labels and Rating names will be reflected in the Approval Rating window.
Any customization to ‘Quality’ / ‘Timeliness’ labels and the customized rating options will be reflected in the Rating section in ServicePRO Web.
- Request Approval from both ServicePRO, ServicePRO Web and Legacy End User Portal – users performing ratings will see customized labels for Timeliness and Quality. In addition, Customized Ratings will appear in the dropdown menu.
- Request Properties Preview in both ServicePRO & ServicePRO Web
- Query Designer
- User Satisfaction Reports
When the user rates a request and saves it, a trace will be created that uses these labels and values.