Return to Collaboration and Communication
Quick Messages allows instant communication between ServicePRO users. When you click on the Quick Message icon on a request, a list (similar to the one shown below) drops down with the available recipients.
Users may also choose to filter between Messages, Alerts and Reminders in the left pane.
Selecting a Message item will allow Users to view associated information with that Message on the right preview pane.
Only the requester, or other privileged users, can receive a Quick Message. When a recipient is selected, you will be prompted with a window.
Similar to a reminder, when a quick message is sent from a request, it will update the request with the Quick Message information.
ServicePRO prompts the recipient that a Quick Message has been submitted. A recipient can reply to the message, open the request, snooze the message, or dismiss it entirely by clicking on the appropriate icon on the Message Actions
Preview Pane – Details, Properties, Documents
Selected messages can be previewed from the right pane on the Messages page.
Users can choose to view the message contents in three tabs:
View the Activity Stream of the associated request. Users can also search and filter Activity Items with the following criteria:
- Specific text in the Activity Stream
- Filter by Type of Activity – Rules, Emails, Attachments, Quick Messages, Meetings, Appointments, Chat logs, Memos, and Reminders
- Filter by Author of the Activity Item
In the Properties tab, users can view and edit the following fields:
- Folder – The Folder or queue listing for the request
- Type – The Type of Service Request (i.e. Service Request, Purchase Request)
- Title – The Request title
- Category – The Category for the request
- Due By – The Due Date; ASAP or a designated date and time
- Urgency – The Urgency: Low, Medium, High or Critical
- Closed – Whether the request is closed or open; the circle here can be used to toggle the closed status on/off
- Asset – Any associated assets are listed here
The Documents tab will display associated Documents with the Message’s Service Request. This pane features:
- Document Tree – Folder navigation for categorizing documents.
- Documents List – View all attached documents for the request. Includes information on filename, extension, date modified, and file size. Documents can be sorted using the arrow icon in the header of the list.
- Preview/Properties/Trace Log – In this tab, Preview document contents, view Document Properties and read the Trace Log for Document updates.
The Communications tab allows users to view correspondences associated with the request for the selected message.
These are divided into:
- Messages – Quick Messages sent between users.
- Emails – Emails associated to this request.
View the Project Tree for the Request associated with the message. Only visible if the Message is associated to a Project Request.