Return to Administration
This function helps you combine two company records when a duplicate record has been created. All objects associated with the company to be merged will be combined with the records of the main company. All existing users or request history for the company to be merged will be added to the main company.
WARNING: When you click on the Save icon, the company to be merged will be moved to the de-activated companies section.
- From the Administration tab, click on the Merge Companies icon. The Merge Companies window appears as shown below.
- Click in the Main Company field and the Find a Company window will appear as shown below:
- Enter search criteria in the Define Criteria section (if needed) to find the company you want to select.
- Select the company you want to retain in your system by double-clicking on it or by highlighting it and
clicking on the Select Company icon, to select the company.
- The Merge Companies window returns with the main company listed.
- Click on the Company to be Merged field.
- Enter the search criteria in the Define Criteria section (if needed) to find the company you want to select.
- Select the company that you want to be merged into the main company by double-clicking on it, or by
highlighting it and clicking on the Select Company icon.
- The Merge Companies window returns with both fields populated similar to that shown below.
- Before saving, ensure that the Main Company field displays the company you want to retain, and that the Company to be Merged field displays the company that will be de-activated.
- Click on the Save icon when you are certain these two companies are the companies you want to
- A confirmation pop-up window appears stating that “The companies were merged successfully.”