User Email Accounts
Return to: Configuration/Setup
You must configure the User Email Accounts settings to:
- Enable ServicePRO’s Email Inbox feature.
- Allow Support Reps to send email from their local accounts while updating a request.
- Allow administrators to send the access code for their ServicePRO licenses.
- From the Configuration tab, click on the "User Email Accounts" option.
- Click on the "Mail Server Settings" icon to open the Configure User Email Settings window, as shown below.
- ServicePRO allows you to configure multiple email servers. Click on the New icon found just above the Configure Server(s) list.
- Complete the Mail Server’s Settings form or each specific mail server.
- Give each server a unique Configuration Name.
- Click on the appropriate radio button to select whether the email system is POP3/SMTP, EWS (Exchange Web Services) or Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) server:
• POP3/SMTP - Specify the POP3/SMTP server names. If you are using the default settings for the server ports and domain, do not enter information into these fields.
• EWS - Simply select EWS and enter the ESW URL only.
• IMAP - Specify the SMTP server name and port, IMAP server name and port along with other requirements for accessing the server.
- Click on the Save icon just above the Configure Server(s) list to save the changes for each specific email server you configure.
- Click on the Save icon in the Toolbar when you are done configuring all your email servers.
- From File > Setup/Administration, go to the Configuration tab and click on User Email Accounts. The Configure User Email Settings window appears as shown below.
- Select the Support Rep whose email account you want to configure.
- Enter your Support Reps' local email account information in the Email Account Properties work area. The fields in this area might already be populated with this information:
• It can be entered when adding a user (from the Email work area of the User Information: Logins tab)
• It can be entered by the Support Reps themselves from their personal user options.
- Click on the Test Account Settings button to check the settings.