Best Practices - Service Design
Return to the Best Practices navigation page.
- Make sure to add a relevant title and category so that the article will be indexed properly for search results.
- Adding more keywords will improve search indexing for the article.
- Any additional information other than resolution steps can be added as an attachment.
- Use the Attachment feature to attach patch files or diagrams to help the Support Rep resolve the problem
- When entering the resolution to the problem, make sure that you break it down into steps or bullet points to ensure that the instructions are clear.
Custom Fields/Object Designer
- Make use of the Required and Validation properties to ensure that correct data is entered into the field.
- Custom fields created for service requests can be included when designing queries so be sure to give input fields a relevant name
- An End User may not see all custom fields under a tab because the required “View” and/or “Update” Roles are configured separately for each field. Visibility restrictions can be applied at the tab level also.
- It is very important to back up the ServicePRO database before you create, edit or delete custom fields.
- A Custom Object Type can be copied from one environment to another by saving the xml and importing it into the destination environment.
- The maximum size of the image file to be used in Object designer is 20 KB.
- You can include a hyperlink in a Custom Object by using the hyperlink field and make it View only
- Create and organize memo templates in specific subject related folders rather than having all memo template at root level.