What? Charts are a powerful and intuitive tool designed to create engaging and informative charts. The visual Chart Designer allows users to quickly specify data fields and groups, filters, along with many other parameters. Several chart types are available including Bar, Pie, Line, and Area.
Why? There are times when a visual representation of data can be more insightful than a report to identify trends and relationships.
Charts provides a snapshot view of your Service Desk activity. To view a chart already created in ServicePRO, you need to do following:
- From the Workbench, click on the Data Analysis tile and select on the Charts from the list
- From the folders list in the Request Charts panel, as shown in the figure below, click on a folder and then select the chart from the right panel.
- Click on the Run button. This will open a new window allowing you to preview the chart. From this window you have the ability to update the chart with additional criteria.
- In the Chart Designer panel, specify:
• Metrics to be represented on the chart.
• Grouping options.
• Set Data Filters to specify the data range you want to include in the chart.
- In the Ribbon work area, specify:
• Name of the chart.
• Set Public or Private - the chart accessibility options.
• Set Chart Type.
• Set Advanced Filter as necessary
- Click on the Preview button to preview the chart as shown in the figure below.
- Click Save button to save the results of your work.
Once you have created a chart, you can adjust the chart presentation to suit your preferences using the buttons provided on the Visual Properties panel, as shown below.
- Horizontal Grid Lines – Enable your chart to display horizontal grid lines.
- Vertical Grid Lines – Enable your chart to display vertical grid lines.
- View Legends – Specify whether the legend should be shown or hidden.
- Data Labels – Enable text labels to describe what item on the axis represents.
- Select Top X – Select the maximum number of results to display on the X-axis – i.e. Show the Top “X” results in this criteria. Additional results after this value will be cut off.
Users can email Charts on a scheduled basis, similar to the option for emailing Custom Reports. A Schedule and Email icon is available in the Ribbon Toolbar for the Manage Charts view.
- The Schedule Tab will allow users to set the day occurrence, time frequency, and date range for the scheduled emails.
- The Email Tab will allow users to create accompanying email templates.
- Email recipients will receive Charts as JPG image attachments.
Users can email charts on a timed basis by selecting by selecting Schedule and Email from the Chart section of the ribbon toolbar.
- The user can select a chart from the listing, then select “Schedule & Email” from the Charts section of the Ribbon Toolbar.
- The “Schedule and Email Charts” dialog will be displayed, allowing the user to set a schedule and select an email templates.
- The user will receive an email with the chart attached as a JPG image.
If a chart does not contain any results at time of being generated for emailing, by default, only the original creator of that chart will receive notification email(s) stating that there are no records to display on chart.
If the creator does not wish to receive the email, an option is available to switch the no records notifications to be sent to all the notification email recipients instead. Please contact ServicePRO Technical Support for more information and assistance in enabling this feature.